I had to cut out the rot – push back the lattace and support posts to get at the decking. Without taking the yurt wall completely apart – this was going to be tricky. I used my skilsaw along with a wood chisel and my reciprocating saw to remove all the rot that I could.
The deck is 1 ⅛” plywood … and I had kept all the scraps from the initial build – so I set about cutting a piece to fit my jagged hole. The patch wasn’t going to be pretty- but it would do the job.
I used some wood filler to fill the gaps – and I glued and deck screwed the patch into place. I came back the next day after it was all dry and used my skilsaw to trim the patch to match the arc of the yurt decking.
I then sanded it all smooth – cleaning up excess glue and wood filler as I went.
On the hobby table … I got these promethium pipes done.
That’s it for now.