Progress comes slow these days. I’ve got way to many irons in the fire and I’m finding it hard to make to much headway in any one dirction. But, here we go…
Bathtub progress –
I had to manufacture a new part for the tub claw foot. I checked around and discovered it would be very hard to find this bit.
The one claw foot keeper on the right is broken. It lost its tab on the left side. This is cast iron – so pretty difficult to fix. I decided to do some down and dirty machining – with a hacksaw, file and grinder 😜.
Starting with a short piece of scrap angle iron. I approximated my measurements from a good foot tab and hacked off all the excess iron. Soon I had a good shape.
I drilled a good hole for the fastening bolt before I got too far on the cutting.
Here is the finished bit. It will do the job and keep the foot on. It’s not pretty… But I’ll use it on a foot on the wall side in the yurt.
On the hobby side of things – I finished my USAriadna Foxtrot and Roger Van Zant mini.
Next up I’m working on finishing the grunts and I’ve started work on this Merc Hacker mini.
She will be a good addition to my ranger force. I don’t have anything that could be hacked – but I know must opposition will likely have some 😄.
– ok – that’s it for now – back to work!