Well I finished these “puppies” this weekend 😀.
But – I’m pretty happy with how they came out. Here is a quick rundown of the photo log I kept while painting these.
After the painting I moved onto basing. These guys were the first Brood I was doing – and they are kinda giving me a roadmap to the look I’ll take with the rest. I’ll prep the rest of the basing before I paint the minis for the rest.
I then spread out some “Crackle Paint” to create the tops of the swamp mud ground. After that was dry I painted it brown. In the future I’ll get this primed with a light black coat. And try to keep the paint layers to a minimum.
I finished detailing the sand and mud – added some grasses as well. The last bit was to pour in the water. This is where I got hasty. Next time I’ll take more time with this step. As it turned out I got sloppy. I’m happy with the look… But I know it could have been better.
Here is the final shots …