Yurt updates

Wow – it took over a year but I finally get some things new done in the yurt. With the help if my son we got the vapor barrier spread out under the yurt. Basically black plastic in a roll cut down to size. We crawled around getting all the parts down with a generous overlap of about a foot.

Then this weekend I installed a series of vents into the skirting to allow the air flow under the yurt to breathe.

Simple 5″ round soffit vents – plastic vents. With a 5″ hole saw I got them installed in minutes. The whole process took about an hour. The fit real snugly too. Also, I spray painted the outside of the vents with textured brown paint to match the existing skirting. Here are some photos of the vent install.






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: